Menu

Applications

Products

Service

Contact persons

About us

Downloads/Media

Location

Continuity in the change of the Seppeler group

For almost 100 years, Rietbergwerke Behältertechnik, a part of the Seppeler Group, has with patience, courage, adaptability and a willingness to make decisions, met the constant changing market conditions. Come with us on a time trip and learn more about the background.

Start the journey
  • 1917: Eduard Seppeler

    Dipl.Ing. Eduard Seppeler, head of the laboratory of the Institute for Aviation in Berlin-Adlersdorf, established a construction office for the flight industry in Berlin-Neukölln on 15th October 1917. Eduard Seppeler developed fuel gauges, aircraft engine test benches and surface and load coolers for the aviation. A renaming to contruction office for the aviaton and automotive industry took place end of 1918.

    Next
  • 1919: Founding of the factory for tubes and tin products

    A factory for tubes and tin products was founded in Rietberg, East Westphalia by the merchant Clemens Lohaus, which was later renamed to the North German Mining and Industrial Supply Corporation in 1921.

    Next
  • 1922: Building of a Galvanizing Plant

    An own galvanizing plant with a 4.2 m long zinc bath was built in Rietberg. The first wrought-iron barrels were made the following year.

    Next
  • 1925: Change of Name to Rietbergwerke Corporation

    Eduard Seppeler signed a contract with Telefunken, Berlin, to supply regulating propellers. The North German Mining and Industrial Supply Corporation, Rietberg in Westphalia, changed its name to the Rietbergwerke AG. Münker Heinrich, director of the Rietbergwerke AG, carried on with the development of the packaging program. Key customers for the rolling hoop barrels were oil companies, with a base of customers stretching as far away as Turkey.

    Next
  • 1929: "Agriculture equipment" for the Agriculture Industry

    ‘Agriculture equipment’ was added to the Rietbergerwerke AG’s production: the increasing mechanization within the agriculture industry cried out for galvanized manure containers and feed cookers.

    Next
  • 1929: Founding of the Seppeler Foundation for Aviation and Automotive

    Dipl.-Ing. Eduard Seppeler’s contruction office for the aviation and automotive industry was transformed into the Seppeler Foundation for aviation and automotive, a family foundation based in Berlin. This created a corporate foundation, which created an indepence of capital within the struggle between capital and labour issues. Eduard Seppeler thus proved that he was not only a pioneer of aviation, but also a pioneer for new forms of enterprise in which technology, economics and social are reorganised.

    Next
  • 1936: Seppeler Foundation in Berlin, Majority Shares Take-Over

    The Seppeler Foundation for aviation and automotive developed into a major manufacturer of aircraft engine test benches. The take over of the majority of shares in the Rietbergwerke AG through the Seppeler Foundation, Berlin was seen in this year. Rietberg has been the home of the Seppeler family since the 15th Century. In order to strengthen the Seppeler Ag, both technologically and economically, it was decided to produce the Seppeler test benches and refuelling tanks also in Rietberg.

    Next
  • 1941: From Berlin to Neuenkirchen

    Eduard Seppeler moved the production of pitch propellers for surface to air missiles from Berlin to Neuenkirchen near Rietberg during the war.

    Next
  • 1945: Production Plant in Berlin Dismantled

    After the war, the Seppeler Foundation’s production plant in Berlin was dismantled by the Soviet occupation forces.

    Next
  • 1950: Renamed to Rietbergwerke

    The Rietbergwerke AG was renamed in the late 1950’s as Rietbergwerke, with the Seppeler Foundation as owners. In cooperation with the petroleum industry, small galvanized tanks were developed. These became known as Rietberg Tanks, especially wthin the increasingly mechanized agriculture industry.

    Next
  • 1950: Plant for Drying and Storing Grain

    The program for agricultural equipment and installations has constantly been expanded. There was an enormous demand for mechanisation and motorisation, due to the transitionof the West German agriculture into an agricultural industry. The harvest yields were increasing from year to year, as a result of mineral fertilizers, monoculture and new methods. Combine harvesters were now conquering the fields - the Rietbergwerke contributed its part to the food security with their manufacturing of equipment and facilities for drying and storing grain.

    Next
  • 1955: Rietberger- Tower Dryer

    Further development of the dryers, in cooperation with Prof. Denker (Bonn), Prof. Wenner (Munich) and Dipl.-Ing. Heidt led to the new tower dryer. The Rietberg tower dryer was the best selling dryer within the still-young, Federal Republic in the following years.

    Next
  • 1959: Dr. Klaus Seppeler becomes Sole Managing Director

    Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Klaus Seppeler, a member of the senior management at the Rietbergwerke since 1953, becomes the sole managing director.

    The Rietbergwerke has now also started to supply heating-oil battery tanks. These were heavy in demand, due to the switch to new heating systems fuelled by oil.

    Next
  • 1959: Production of Heating-Oil Battery Tanks

    The Rietbergwerke has now also started to supply heating-oil battery tanks. These were heavy in demand, due to the switch to new heating systems fuelled by oil.

    Next
  • 1965: Most Modern Hot Dip Galvanizing Plant in Europe

    Hot dip galvanizing is second to none when it comes down to "best corrosion protection for steel". The resource-conserving surface finishing has finally also found its way into the automotive industry. Jobbing galvanizing as a service for commercial and industrial enterprises increased and has now overtaken the galvanizing of their own products. Rietberg expand their capacities and build the most modern galvanizing line in Europe: with an enormous zinc bath length of 14.20 metres.

    Next
  • 1965: New Style of Management

    The year of internal changes: moving away from patriarchal directive way-of-thinking is now the motto. Inspired by the Harzburger model, Dr. Klaus Seppeler introduces a new style of management. Delegating responsibilities and releasing new energy through teamwork are now the new goals set. In the following years, Rietbergwerke’s consistant organizational development is built on the principle of delegation. The Works Council is integrated into the company's activities as an important partner and asset.

    Next
  • 1968: The Rietbergwerke were renamed

    The Rietbergwerke, owner Seppeler Foundation, is converted into Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG. Company with unlimited liability is Seppeler GmbH.

    Next
  • 1973: Insured through Seppeler

    The existing company pension fund, which was set up almost twenty years ago, is renamed to the "Eduard Seppeler Memorial Fund". Its statutory objective is a pension scheme for the members of staff and their families, as well as to help them in emergency situations.

    Next
  • 1974: New Organisational Structure

    The Rietbergwerke advisory board is integrated into the company’s new reorganization and style of management. The Advisory Board members, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hans Blohm from the University of Karlsruhe and Wolfgang Seppeler begin writing business-management history by developing the organization of product services for medium-sized companies. The product organization is now divided into galvanization, container technologie, agricultural technology and grid manufacturing. The central office for finance and accounting now takes on the responsibility of the service functions for all product services.

    Next
  • 1974: Rietbergwerke takes over Helling & Neuhaus

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG takes over the Limited Partnership majority of the 1935 founded company Helling & Neuhaus in Gütersloh-Isselhorst, which has a hot dip galvanizing plant and manufactures steel gratings.

    Next
  • 1975: Wolfgang Seppeler Enters the Management

    Wolfgang Seppeler, who up to this point was active in the management of the Fritz Werner Company in Berlin, now enters the management of the Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG.

    Next
  • 1978: "Humanization of Working Life"

    As a consistent implementation of the new style of management, a project based on the government-sponsored program "humanization of working life" has started. Lasting seven years, it caused a new understanding in human-work relationship, company to work organization and the people within the company.

    Next
  • 1978: Expansion of the Agricultural Product Group

    The Agricultural Technology Group launched a new fertilizer mixing plant, which took the ecological quality of soil into consideration with the help of computer control. In the tower-dryer segment, plants with increasingly larger hourly capacities were built.

    Next
  • 1984: Spezialbehälter für den Umweltschutz

    The first special container for environmental protection was produced in the business area container technology group: the waste-oil storage tank No.950. The product line built according to the modular-design principle had a pilot character within the market. The series of double-walled, pressure shock-resistant, galvanized storage tanks soon ranged from 80 to 10,000 litre content. Numerous patents and utility models were granted.

    Next
  • 1985: MOBILUS – The New Suction Unit from Rietberg

    When it comes to completely emptying car tanks from diesel or carburettor fuels, it had always been in the past necessary to improvise in workshops. The latest development according to the explosion protection guidelines of the chemical industry, Mobilus, now provides the solution to this problem.

    Next
  • 1986: The Rietberg Urban-Disposal, compliant with the regulations and all necessary approvals

    The waste-oil container from Rietberg allows the disposal on site independent of a suction system. This provides an optimal logistical possibility (eg for municipal disposers). As the first container of this type, it is authorized to collect and store in accordance with the Technical Guidelines for Combustible Liquids. Through the transport approval of the Federal Institute for Material Testing, an exchange of the full by an empty container using a truck is possible.

    Next
  • 1987: The First Mobile Storage Tanks

    As the Rietbergwerke developed the first mobile storage tanks at the end of the 1980s, they were naturally approved as hazardous goods containers according to ADR. Taking into account the generally rough use on construction sites, steel was the first and best choice for the material.

    Next
  • 1987: Rietbergwerke Acquires Feuerverzinkung Picker

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG acquires a 40% stake in the galvanizing plant Picker GmbH & Co. KG in Arnsberg. Kai Seppeler is appointed Managing Director.

    Next
  • 1987: Design und Innovation for Storage Tanks

    The waste-oil storage tank type 600, designed by Karl Heinz Keunecke - Berlin, is awarded the "State Prize of North Rhine-Westphalia for design and innovation."

    Next
  • 1988: Finally the Perfect Solution for the Collection of Hazardous Liquids

    A clean environment requires the consistent collection, storage and disposal of hazardous substances. To this end, the legislature has issued various laws and regulations which are becoming more and more important for everyday industrial life. The Rietberg GefahrstoffDepot takes into account all requirements concerning the collection and storage of water-endangering substances.

    Next
  • 1989: Environmental Protection Containers for Supply and Disposal

    It soon becomes apparent that, the container product group's strategic business area is increasingly focused towards environmental protection. Meanwhile, a complete range of environmental-friendly containers for the supply and disposal of liquid hazardous materials were created. The services offered by the Rietbergwerke ranges from the entire logistics and licensing issues up to application technology and environmentally-friendly process technologies.

    Next
  • 1990: Rietbergwerke Acquires Feuerverzinkung Paul Heinemann

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG acquires the galvanizing plant Paul Heinemann GmbH & Co. in Westerkappeln near Osnabrück.

    Next
  • 1991: "The Strong Connection"

    The Seppeler Group presents itself to the outside with a new logo and the slogan "The strong connection". No company consists just by the amount of employees, machines and products. Only by focusing all of ones efforts to a common objective by coordinating motivation of all involved, as well as participating customers and envolving social environment in the proposed goal, can an organisation emerge which shows the outside world how strong they are and at the same time build a future through this same strength. The maxim of this strong connection is symbolized by the new Seppeler Group logo. The three-dimensional sculpture, designed by Prof. Eberhard Fiebig from Kassel, symbolizes the innovative dynamics of the group with two interlocking elements. Connected but not melted together is the interpretation of this clip, which also now becomes the set goal integrated into the group’s future. The sculpture – displayed in the entrance area of each of the group’s companies - is an external symbol of the group's philosophy.

    Next
  • 1991: The First Cubical Double-Walled Transport Container, Type ÖC

    The new Rietberg container and tank system has been specially developed for day-to-day handling of fresh oils. Many years of experience, technical and legal know-how, as well as profound knowledge of the practice have led to this innovative system which is convincing in every respect. The special design, actually developed for reasons of stability, became a relatively new recognition feature of the Rietberg cubic containers.

    Next
  • 1992: Research and Development

    The Rietbergwerke and the University of Paderborn, work together on a research and development project - "industrial emulsions". Improved solutions for the treatment and the environmentally-friendly disposal of liquids, in particular for cooling lubricants, are the tasks set.

    Next
  • 1992: Rietbergwerke Acquires Feuerverzinkung Genthin

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG acquires the galvanizing plant Genthin GmbH & Co. KG near Magdeburg.

    Next
  • 1992: Produkt Range Gitterroste Prosper

    The Helling & Neuhaus GmbH & Co. acquires a 50% interest in the Fibresta GmbH, a distributor of fiberglass reinforced plastic grating systems.

    Next
  • 1993: Architectural Gems

    House Bartscher - with newly renovated frescoes of the Westphalian court painter P.F.L. Bartscher - situated in the old town centre, is given a new function by the Rietberg Seppeler Group.This noble 17th Century residence serves the Seppeler Group as a perfect backdrop for working groups, forums and seminars, and also as a guesthouse. In the same year, under the auspices of the Swiss architect Karl Fleig, a modern office building was built in Rietberg. Its characteristics being an open, flooded with natural light, well-balanced and functional, balanced, trend-setting building. These two architectural gems, although separated by centuries, still show the spirit within the Seppeler Group: taking knowledge from the past and using it to look forward with courage, confidence and self-confidence into the future.

    Next
  • 1993: Seppeler Group Certified According to DIN EN ISO 9000

    The Seppeler Group takes a further large step towards safeguarding their leading position within the international market: The requirements for the quality management system certification according to DIN EN ISO 9000 are met by a quality manual for all services and manufacturing sectors of the Seppeler Group. Quality circles, such as SIP (Seppeler Innovation Program) help to expand the innovativation more and more.

    Next
  • 1993: Rietbergwerke Acquires Tell Feuerverzinkung in Hannover

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG acquires the Tell Feuerverzinkung GmbH & Co. KG, a galvanizing plant in Hannover Langenhagen. Within the next two years the company is enlarged and modernised and finally renamed to Hannover Feuerverzinkung GmbH & Co. KG.

    Next
  • 1993: The New Duplex-System

    The surface protection for hot dip galvanizing is increased by the Duplex-System (hot dip galvanizing + colour coating): The synergistic effect of these two corrosion protection systems has the affect of increasing the service life compared to those of only zinc and colour coating. The full range of colour design can be exploited when using this additional coating.

    Next
  • 1995: The First Cubic Double-Walled Storage Container

    The Rietberg Multitanks have been specially developed for the collection and storage of fresh and used oils. Different sizes and equipment allow a practical and individual equipment.

    Next
  • 1995: The first Approved Mobile Tanks as "IBC"

    As a result of the continuous development and the subsequent changes to the ADR, mobile tank systems were approved as "IBC" in the mid-1990s. Steel "IBC" can be used for an indefinite period and can be deployed universally.

    Next
  • 1997: Seppeler Gruppe Acquires Stake in Small Part Galvanizing

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG acquires a 30% stake in the OTB Oberflächentechnik Braunschweig GmbH in Braunschweig. Who are specialists in the hot dip galvanizing of small parts.

    Next
  • 1997: Indispensable for all Automotive Businesses

    The new MOBILUS 100 mobile extraction and refueling system came on the market. Many workshops and automotive manufacturers benefit from this development.

    Next
  • 1999: Feuerverzinkung Bremen New Member of the Seppeler Gruppe

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG acquires the 1995 founded Feuerverzinkung Bremen.

    Next
  • 2000: Ocynkownia Śląsk in Polen Founded

    The Rietbergwerke GmbH & Co. KG builds a new hot dip galvanizing plant near Krakow in Poland. The Ocynkownia Śląsk Sp z.o.o, designed for very large and heavy steel structures, is the first overseas plant for the Seppeler Group.

    Next
  • 2001: New Boiler for the Rietbergwerke

    The zinc baths at the Rietbergewerke are extended to allow working dimensions of 17.00 m length, 1.60 m width and a depth of 3.00 m. The agricultural technology segment is sold to the Riela Company. The corrosion-protection optimization system Opticore, initiated by the Seppeler Group, is integrated into intra-group marketing program.

    Next
  • 2002: Seppeler Gruppe participates in the Polish Grating Manufacturer

    The Seppeler Group participates in the Polish steel grating manufacturer Kraty Mostostal Krakow and so creates a foothold in the manufacturing sector within Eastern Europe. The marketing concept "We make it work" is implemented, thereby strengthening the Seppeler Group’s position as a service-based corrosion-protection group.

    Next
  • 2003: "Zinklar" for Long Shine Retention

    The Dr. Klaus Seppeler Foundation is incorporated as a silent business partner into the Rietbergwerke. The research activities within the group are strengthened by establishing a Research Advisory Board and intensifying the research programme. The container technology is given a new strategic alignment for the expanding EU market and the production of high-quality series and individual products. Zinklar is introduced by the Seppeler Group as a passivation process for the prevention of white rust on newly galvanized components. The group company Ocynkownia Śląsk in Chrzanów has become Poland’s largest galvanizing plant.

    Next
  • 2004: Seppeler Group becomes a Holding Company

    The Seppeler Group is converted into a Holding Company and the Dr. Klaus Seppeler Foundation is incorporated into corporate foundations. A further task for the Foundation is to promote technical research and development, to integrate the results into production and in this way economically safeguard the group of companies.

    Next
  • 2005: Development of a Fuel Filling Station for Private Consumption

    Specially developed for: agriculture, industry and transport companies. Journeys to the public petrol station are eliminated, saving time and money!

    Next
  • 2005: Introduction of the QUADRO series

    The new compact transport series QUADRO comes on the market and is the start to years of success. The originalmade from the best quality is perfectly adapted to customer requirements.

    Next
  • 2006: Galvanization up to 23 m

    Since January 2006, the Rietbergwerke has the largest zinc bath in Germany. Components of up to 23 m in length can be long-term effectively and reliabily corrosion protected in this new 17.70-meter basin.

    Next
  • 2006: Seppeler Gruppe Aquires a Galvanizing Plant in Althundem

    Together with Manfred Rosendahl, the Seppeler Holding GmbH & Co. KG aquires a galvanizing plant in Altenhundem in June 2006. Now operating with two experienced partners in the field of galvanizing, the company is renamed to Lennestadt Verzinkerei GmbH & Co. KG.

    Next
  • 2007: Ocynkownia Śląsk in Kluczbork

    Ocynkownia Śląsk starts building up its branch in Kluczbork. The new hot dip galvanizing plant in South-West Poland has, with the dimensions of 2.8 m width, 12.1 m length and 3.1 m depth, an exceptionally large basin. Large structures of up to 15 tonnes can be galvanized here.

    Next
  • 2007: Data acquisition for Optimal Processing

    The Rietbergwerke’s data acquisition system (BDE-system) has been successfully put into operation. In addition to the many internal benefits of the BDE-system through the transparency of all processes, it also offers customers the highest level of security. QA Certificates (factory certificates) can be issued, in which each batch of galvanazing contracts and all their key process parameters are thoroughly documented.

    Next
  • 2008: OptimizedSurface Pretreatment

    Since February 2008, the Rietbergwerke has also the opportunity to prepare your work pieces for subsequent processing steps. By derusting, descaling and removing old thick layers of paint a bright metallic surface is created. Through sweeping, we produce the ideal base-surface for further heavy-duty corrosion protection or coating on previously hot dip galvanized components. (Working dimensions 10.0 x 2.5 x 3.0 metres).

    Next
  • 2011: Holdorf Galvanizing Plant Becomes a New Member of the Seppeler Group

    The Seppeler Group acquires Verzinkerei Holdorf in April 2011 and integrates it into the Seppeler Group as Feuerverzinkung Holdorf GmbH & Co. KG. With its unusual bath width of 2.2 metres, Feuerverzinkung Holdorf offers one of the widest zinc baths in Germany and thus enables the hot dip galvanizing of bulky troughs, barrels and spiral staircases.

    Next
  • 2012: Lennestadt Galvanization Plant Totally Renovated

    After about 14 months, the renovation work in the galvanizing plant at the Verzinkerei Lennestadt is completed in September 2012. The extensive refurbishment measures were done in two major steps. The Lennestadt galvanizing plant is considered nowadays as one of the most modern galvanizing plants in Europe. The important core of the modernised plant is the galvanizing bath with a working dimension of 6.85 x 1.45 x 3.35 m (L x W x D). This particular depth of 3.35 m is unique within the Seppeler group.

    Next
  • 2013: 331/5000 Development QUADRO-AG

    Based on the QUADRO series, the Rietbergwerke developed QUADRO-AG, the fuel container for the supply of power units and heater supply. Perfectly adapted to the specific needs of the industry. The new presentation and introduction took place at BAUMA in Munich, the world's largest construction machinery trade fair.

    Next
  • 2013: New Polish galvanization plant in Częstochowa

    In June 2013, Seppeler Holding GmbH & Co. KG acquires the Polish galvanizing plant in Częstochowa. Ocynkownia Śląsk thus further expands its market position in southern Poland.

    Next
  • [Translate to Englisch:]

    2014: Einführung der Baureihe CONTY

    Eine neue Baureihe ist da! Der CONTY 450 ist baumustergeprüft und als „Verpackung“ zugelassen. Er etablierte sich am Markt der mobilen Tankanlagen schnell und stark. Mit herausragenden Vorteilen, wie z. B. der universellen Einsetzbarkeit, dem Entfall von wiederkehrenden Prüfungen nach dem ADR sowie der zeitlich unbefristeten Zulassung ist er nicht nur in der Landwirtschaft, sondern auch in der Bauwirtschaft stark vertreten.

    Next
  • 2015: Arnsberg Powder Coating is Founded

    Besides wet coating, we have also been capitalising on powder coating since 01.01.2015. With the multi-zone pre-treatment using nanotechnology and the no-rinse process, not only steel parts can be coated but materials such as aluminium and stainless steel too.

    Next
  • 2016: CONTY ECO, for the Clear View in the Rear Mirror

    In order to meet the specific needs of our customers, this series was developed further following the successful launch of the first CONTYs. The product of this modification is the CONTY ECO - the best Pick`Up companion, for a clear view in the rearview mirror.

    Next

Start
query

+49 (0) 5244 983-200